16.6.09

His Love

I read in John this morning:

John 15:12
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.


Earlier in the chapter Jesus says that apart from abiding in him, we cannot bear fruit - we cannot love as he has loved us.

In an effort to discover how He loves and abide in His love, I wrote a poem.



His Love

His love -
bled
cried
died

His love -
cared
sought
healed

His love -
emptied himself of
glory

His love -
became the sacrificce

His love -
conceived
of the plan

His love -
created
beauty

His love -
not for the many
for me

His love -
healed
my broken
life

His love -
pushes me
further
into
His love

1 comments:

js said...

beautiful poem, friend! i should've known you were a blogger!:) i now look forward to peeping in on your sunshine to make me smile often! love, judith ann